Monday, July 18, 2011

Nice Weekend and Very Random Pictures

So if you didn't notice I took the weekend off from the blog. I needed a little break! We had a nice weekend and had visitors galore. Its so nice to be surrounded by family and friends. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support. Chris has been doing well the past few days, we are leaving tomorrow for Houston, we are going to spend the night with my cousins and then Wednesday morning we will hit the hospital for the next 7 days. I thought I would post a few random pics for you guys, I am normally a picture taking machine but haven't been taking too many here in the last few weeks I regret all the missed family picture opportunities I have had but I am sure I will have plenty more opportunities when we get back home, I haven't fixed the date stamp on my photos I am still working on it!

I recieved this pin from my sister in law and its true. Cancer Sucks!

No its not Wasabi and Pickled Ginger its Spinach Ice Cream with a little watermelon! We had so much extra spinach left over I had to do something with it, it DELICIOUS and does not taste like Spinach! I will give you the recipe at the end of this blog!



Chris napping and if you look close our White kitty Angel is snuggled against him he has diligently laid with Chris day and night :)


Pretty Flowers adorning my dresser thanks to Susan, Vanessa, Leah and Aunt Lorna Thank you so much ladies!


 Spinach Ice Cream

2 cups of Spinach lightly packed (FRESH!!!!)
2 cups of ice
3/4 coconut milk (can substitute regular milk or soy milk for this)
1/4 coconut cream
2/3 cup powdered milk

Throw this in the blender and go to town. Serve immediately or store in freezer for up to a week. It tastes like Coconut ice cream but you get all the benefits of Spinach!

Well my loves that's whats been going on. We love you all so much thank you for everything and thank you for reading.

xo
k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra,

I hope your husband is feeling better today. Just wanted to contribute as I had a scare in the last few months and that led me to learn and change a lot in my life. The first thing about cancer is that he must stop using all refined sugars. And please get yourselves a good juicer and start juicing (preferably organic) vegetables as well. There is a lot information about Gerson therapy on the web. Even if you just follow the nutritional advice they give generally he has a good chance of healing. Best wishes,
Mayre