Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hopefully headed home soon

So this weekend seemed to fly by I actually did alot of sleeping and so did Chris. Although I did make it to Bingo at the observation deck here at MD Anderson I hit Bingo twice and now am the proud owner of 10 dollars worth of credit at the gift shop. What shall I buy? hmmm I will use it tomorrow as the gift certificate expires tomorrow. My friend Connie from home came by and visited me today so that was a nice visit. It gets lonely here at the hospital after a while when I don't have visitors and Chris is sleeping off the medications but the Internet helps as I always say " All my friends live in my computer" which is a little sad in a way but its better than having all my friends live in my head! ha! Anyways Chris is doing really well compared to the last two treatments, minimal swelling and pain. He is still really red and tired and I don't believe he has had a bite to eat since last Tuesday but I have seen him alot worse. Although He does have a bad stomach ache  and it doesn't seem to be going away even with medication. Poor thing :(
I can't believe the summer is almost over!  I am especially sad my mom has had to cancel our vacation in Florida for the end of the month. I had been dreaming of white beaches and clear water all year. Oh well guess I will have to wait until next year when Chris is allllllll better!!! ;)

3 comments:

Vanessa :) said...

yes, he will be alllll better! Kendra, you are an amazing woman & Wife! and I know things are going to get better for the both of you because you both deserve it! mucho hugs & hugs & prayers to you two! mwah!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Sounds like there is progress and the treatments are so taxing. I am on the BRAF in LA. Has he been tested for the mutation gene by any chance? randi

www.randisohnomelanoma.blogspot.com

Simply Kendra said...

Thank you Vanessa :) XO

Randi no unfortunately he did not test positive for the Braf mutation. He carries the nraf but I don't think that is of much help as far as treatment options. I hope you are able to kick Melanoma's butt with the Braf medications Randi!!!!
xo