Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Melanoma you suck.



Ok so I didn't even want to write this blog (I am about a week late in doing so)   because I don't want to think about it more than I have to and I don't feel like crying and all those other emotions... but I am afraid Melanoma has reared its ugly head right back into our lives. Chris ended up taking his Scans early instead of the end of this month and they discovered 2 spots near his spine mid back. So.... he took an MRI for another look and of course it wasn't an infection or injury like I hoped it to be but something real and solid something that has a very likely chance of being Melanoma. I was afraid of this happening as Chris has had a couple of night sweats the past month, a clear indication your body is fighting something and often an indicator in cancer. So now we wait for an appointment with the Neurosurgeon who will take a biopsy or possibly remove the spots if possible. Did I mention the good news that the spots are small?  Less than 1 centimeter a piece. So thats all I know. Its depressing honestly... I hoped it would have stayed at bay a little bit longer but I guess we don't always get what we want. So before  I get into too much of a panic I will wait for the biopsy. I am just afraid really and I don't want Chris to have to go through this again nor do I want to go through this again. I ask you to pray for God to heal Chris. For all you survivors keep on surviving and remember those who have gone to a better place. I hope they find a cure for this awful disease soon.

xo
k

 In my last post I asked you to pray for a man named Richard. I want to thank you for those prayers but sadly I must say he lost his battle with cancer. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Richard Dale Porter 
(July 16, 1944 - May 29, 2013) 

No comments: