Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bye Bye Sinus Tumor, you will not be missed.

First and foremost let me apologize for taking a week to update our blog! And I am proud to say its the happiest blog yet. Well Chris's sinus surgery was a complete success!  He went in early that day and the surgery was only suppose to be an 1 hour long but after almost 3 hours, I began to worry a bit after not hearing anything, but sure enough his nurse called down to the waiting area and told me he just got out of surgery and was doing well. A few minutes later Dr. Hana came down and talked with me he said he extensively cleaned the sinus and nothing came out but complete black tumor crud. He said although they will be sending in for testing he did not see any active melanoma. Needless to say I was COMPLETELY ectastic!  The filthy tumor that had been invading my darlings head  is gone! GONE!!!  8 months ago, so big they told us it was inoperable!  GONE! God has  truely answered our prayers. I never told Chris or showed  him but on the MD Anderson Website this is what it says about Mucosal Melanoma
Outlook is POOR!?!! And this is  coming from the Greatest Cancer hospital in the World! Well in Chris case outlook is Freakin AWESOME! Chris has come so far and although he still has lots to go, I know by the time March rolls around and he goes for his scans he will disease free. :D

In the meantime.... Chris has been in alot of pain he couldn't blow his nose for a week and although he can now, its extremely painful. He is having really bad head pains and most of time you can find him with an icepack on his face in the bed. There is packing in the sinus cavity but its of the dissolving sorts so I am not sure if it is still there or not.   Now that they cleaned it out there is lots of exposed bone and scar tissue, plus all the extensive cleaning  making it tender and swollen, so this all leads up to alot of pain but I say its a good pain! ha   Anyways we will be headed back on the 10th for a followup on his surgery and hopefully everything is looking great. Also they will probably let us know then the results of the "black tumor crud" they removed. I feel happy for the first time in a long time and I hope I don't lose that feeling anytime soon.
xo
k
"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted."
Job 5:9 NIV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra, I am so excited to read your blog today! I am very thankful to God for what He has done. I am praying for you and Chris even now. Thank you for the update.

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog and you are in my prayers

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to read this blog entry Kendra, and so very glad that they have been able to remove the tumour! God bless and here's to a speedy recovery xx